Total Pageviews

Monday, March 5, 2012

Plants...Roots....New Growth....

I am a plant lover. I did not grow up in house with lots of plants. I am not even sure when it started. I remember that a therapist that I had started going to when I had some major trauma going on in my life had this beautiful huge maiden hair fern. If you don't know a maiden hair fern, let's just say it is delicate. I tried and tried to grow one for awhile and then finally got it to grow, with some help from a friend. In order for it to grow it needs to have moisture around it. It is so beautiful in the light...sun light coming through the windows. I look at it and it reminds me of where I have been and where I am now. I have another plant that someone gave me that is kind of prickly, but it has flowers...red or yellow. The person that gave it to me had given it to me as a cutting and was rooting it. It stayed in water...I'm not kidding, about 3 years. I looked at that cutting, gaining strength, making so many roots that it would be hard to die. I finally put it in soil last year and another accomplishment...It is growing and has red flowers pretty much all the time. I look at it and think sometimes it takes awhile to make a change, after things have stayed the same for a long time. It may be fear that holds me back. I just love seeing the growth, new growth. I also love knowing that there are lots of possibilities in the plants as they grow and as they rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment