Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Snowdrops! Spring! Worms!

Walking into school this morning someone pointed out the new plants coming up. I looked and saw the snowdrops. I love these little flowers. Usually they are poking their little heads through the snow. Now they are just poking through the mud. Another sign of spring were the worm mounds. The worms poking through the ground as spring calls to them. The air feels like spring as it begins to warm here in Maine. All the signs of spring are forming a picture as they gather. The ice is darkening on the lakes and ponds as it begins to think about letting go. The ice usually holds on till April...early this year and I am ready. Ready to take a big breath of spring.

2 comments:

  1. I've been noticing all those signs as well. It is such a joyful time of year. Thanks for the chance to stop and think about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just two days ago I was thinking about how my tulips would be coming up soon. I even peeked over to see, but nothing was coming up yet. I love the spring. I enjoyed your last line, "Ready to take a big breath of spring."

    ReplyDelete